Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes

How is everyone doing with their resolutions?

Myself, I have resolved to finally love my house. We have lived here for 3 years and I don't know if I have really moved in. Yes the walls are painted and there aren't boxes all over the place, but I have put off projects because I would rather save the ideas for my "real" house. In my mind I think I always thought we would move in 5 so why bother. What the heck is that all about? I mean, it's my house not my apartment!

I think a lot of it is enjoying the now, not waiting for the "what could be".

This recipe has nothing to do with any of that, I just thought I'd share.

I saw these on my daily blog reading and knew they were something that I had to try out! Upon looking at the recipe, it seemed to be missing a couple of amounts. However, it served as awesome inspiration and were indeed FABULOUS.

Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes
inspired by That's So Yummy
FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP BOTTOM LAYER
I used my favorite cookie recipe

2 sticks of butter, room temperature

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 large eggs

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt


Combine the butter and sugars in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until fluffy and well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mix slowly to combine, being careful not to overmix.

Form the cookie dough into a long log (about 18 inches or so), wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.


Once chilled, cut the dough into 24 pieces and place in the bottom of cupcake tins lined with papers.


Bake the dough in a 325 degree oven for approximately 18 minutes (or until the cookie has spread across the bottom and is slightly browned)

While the cookies bake, make the cheesecake layer.



FOR CHEESECAKE TOP LAYER

2 packages (8 ounces) of cream cheese, room temperature

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients until smooth.


Once the cookies are baked, top them with approximately 2 1/2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mix. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.

Once set, remove the cupcakes from the oven and set on a rack to cool. I put mine in the fridge to set overnight.






Top with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!











Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

teresa said...

i think it's a great attitude to just enjoy the now, i find myself thinking "i'll just be happy when..." and i'm realizing that i just need to be happy with what i have. great thoughts!

the cupcakes look incredible!

biz319 said...

I agree with Teresa - couldn't have said it better!

Great idea for the cupcakes - I am printing the recipe out for my daughter - while I am the cook, she's the baker!

Katy ~ said...

Like a flower that takes root and then blooms in the tiniest patch of earth on rock, prosper where you're planted. Not always easy to do, but the days go by without fully realizing the joy we could have had. I hear you because I've done the same thing.

5 Star Foodie said...

Delicious cupcakes! I love the cheesecake layer!

Donna-FFW said...

I love the idea of combining cookies with cheesecake. They sound absolutely fantastic!!!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Wow - these look amazing. I have to find a special occasion to make these!

VINCENT said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.