Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup




Comfort Food. Just saying those words immediately makes me feel better. At it's core, comfort food is typically inexpensive, uncomplicated, and easy to prepare. It is different for every person, but the basics do first come to mind: fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, the list could go on and on.

Lately for me comfort food means soup.

This recipe was so easy to prepare, quick, and just plain good. It also can be changed and modified easily to suit one's taste. For me, I will add corn and black beans next time. I hope you enjoy!

Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, diced
salt and pepper
1 small can green chilis
1 can (14oz) can of enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups rotisserie chicken
(you could also used canned chicken, or roast your own)

In a medium saucepan, add about a teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the pepper, onion, and celery and saute until the onion is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to medium and let the ingredients bubble together for about 15 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!

16 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This soup sounds absolutely delicious!! I have got to try this and I lOVE that it uses rotissiere chicken.

TKW said...

I always have one of those rotisserie chickens on hand. This sounds delicious!

Joie de vivre said...

Wow! That IS easy! I THINK I have a can of enchilada sauce in the cupboard right now! Thanks so much, as always, for visiting! I've missed reading your blog!

Sara said...

Looks excellent!

Christy said...

Delicious!!

teresa said...

this sounds awesome, i love soup!

Katy ~ said...

Soup IS good food, and this certainly sounds delicious, easy, and cheer-making. So perfect for now and the days ahead of us

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

This looks really good. I bet it was spicy with that enchilada sauce - such a great idea to use it in the broth. Soup is such a cure-all!

Kathleen said...

I'm with on you list of comfort foods. Soup has been on the top of my list lately too. This one looks amazing.

Julie said...

This is just about my favorite type of soup. Your version sounds scrumptious! Now I'm hungry again :)

Tangled Noodle said...

You said it - soup is comfort in a bowl! There's frost on the ground and I could use some of this right now. Adding corn and black beans would make this such a hearty and complete meal!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Yum... sounds SO good. I am going to pick up these ingredients on my next trip to the store.

biz319 said...

As luck would have it, I have all those ingredients! I am going to make this today!!

Thanks for the recipe :D

Anne said...

Wow that does sound delicious. I love the flavors and will have to try that!

Elsa said...

i love it^3^春夏秋冬,民宿,
樂活花欣,秦老爹民宿,福紀行,極品美宿,極品,風格民宿,風格民宿,休閒套房,人文旅舍,包棟民宿,花園民宿,尚芳民宿,松格民宿,水晶閣民宿,吉吉小鎮,綠野森林,盛夏的軌跡,花蓮民宿,大興民宿,仙洞人民宿,忘憂園,奇巧民宿,益順休閒農莊,阿寶民宿,溫泉山莊,金萱花民宿,加賀屋,信義民宿,清悠嶺,綠海天際,衣牛農舍,加家民宿,鏷石民宿,花園別墅,花園民宿,漱石山居,樟之園,客之屋民宿,小棧民宿,東岡秀川,知音民宿,柚子林民宿,弘果民宿,夢之鄉民宿,信號,溫泉山莊,清風茶園,出租,景觀民宿,椰子林溫泉,微風星情,鯉魚潭,整棟出租,傅家農園,金典民宿,元氣屋,綠舍,渡假花園,東華,嘉年華,村野之家,11號海洋,山海戀,海景民宿,豐廬居,魚爸的家,海景民宿,經典海岸

tienda-erotica.jimdo.com said...

It will not really have effect, I feel like this.