Monday, September 14, 2009

Are you still there?

Wow. It has been a LONG time since I posted. What the heck?

I have been cooking, yes, but honestly, it hasn't been anything blogworthy. In fact, I think I have been stuck in a rut of just making our regulars. Dinner is more of a necessity to feed the family and less of an enjoyable experience.

I also have been fortunate enough to start up a little bit of a baking business on the side. So far it is going well; people seem to like cupcakes, and I enjoy making them, so that's been fun.

I'd like to thank the posts and emails asking how I am doing. It means a lot to me.

Rest assured, the sous chefs are good and the hubs is living large.

What about me you ask? Oh yeah, I'm pregnant. A third sous chef is in the works!

This pregnancy has hit me harder than the previous two. I am not getting sick per say, but I am definitely feeling quite nauseous. Fatigue is my foe and cooking has become a big chore to me. Because of that, my blog has suffered. I haven't even looked at my reader or visited a fellow foodie. For that, I apologize.

However, I am nearing the end of my first trimester and hopefully the nausea will leave right along with it. I am also slowly approaching my one year blogaversary, and hopefully, by then, I will have implemented all the new changes that I wish to have on this little project of mine.

Until then, I'll try to post more often and comment more. I hope you'll stick around!

13 comments:

DeltaWhiskey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'll stick around. Dang, I guess I should tell you that the next time you're in my town I'll buy you a glass of... milk. Dang. I'm so excited for you!

~Delta Whiskey

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to your return... and hope you're feeling better soon!

Brandy L said...

You should post your baking creations on your blog. :D

teresa said...

ah, congrats! i know how that first trimester can be, i'm happy for you that you're almost done with it! and congrats about the baking business, how fun! take good care of yourself!

Christy said...

Congrats on your new blessing on the way! I hope you'll feel up to blogging again soon, until then, I'll just keep checking in.

Take good care of yourself and the little one.

Katy ~ said...

I so enjoy hearing happy baby news!

In the meantime, it's good to hear from you when you can, grins!

Cinnamon Girl aka Reeni♥ said...

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! You sound so busy. How fun to be making cupcakes!

5 Star Foodie said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! I hope you feel better very soon!

Katherine Aucoin said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

I remember how tired i was during the first trimesters. I'm so glad youpopped in to share your wonderful news!

Juliana said...

Congratulations! And happy to see you back :-)

The Blonde Duck said...

Congrats on the new kitchen baby! How lovely! And how great you have your own baking buisness! I don't blame you for not posting--you're so busy!

DeltaWhiskey said...

You okay???

rookie cookie said...

Oh sister, I feel your pain. I am pregnant with my 3rd as well and just starting to feel normal and finally cooking again. My family is grateful!

Good luck!