Thursday, August 27, 2009

BB: White Pizza with Arugula



This month's second Barefoot Bloggers recipe was definitely one of my favorites. This pizza dough has become a standard around the CITK household.

One big change I make is that I use sugar instead of honey. That's just how I roll. I also think it was because I didn't have honey one time and now I just do sugar every time. Either way you make it, this makes a great chewy pizza dough.

I thought I would change things up this time and grill the pizza. It turned out to be an awesome idea. We put the pizza dough on the grill for about 2 minutes. Don't leave the grill, though. They cook quickly!
Once the bottom was cooked, we brought them in, turned them over, and put on our toppings. I made a basic pepperoni for the sous chefs and a artichoke, sundried tomatoes, basil, goat cheese for us.

Thank you so much to Andrea of Nummy Kitchen for such an awesome choice! The original recipe can be found here. Try it out!


16 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man. Grilled white pizza. That sounds so good to me right now.

Katherine Aucoin said...

You rock with the grilled pizza dough! this looks so amazingly cheesy and wonderful.

teresa said...

oh yummy! i love pizza, and this looks especially good!

5 Star Foodie said...

White pizza is always my favorite! I need to try it on a grill - that sounds awesome!

DeltaWhiskey said...

Oh how I love grilled pizza! Yours looks great!

~Delta Whiskey

Cinnamon Girl aka Reeni♥ said...

How delicious - love your toppings! And they cook up so quick on the grill! Nice!

Karen said...

This is one of my favorites, too. Your toppings sound delish!

The Blonde Duck said...

I really need to try grilled pizza. It looks phenomenal.

Centsational Girl said...

Oooooh aren't you a lucky one today. Congrats on winning the Wine Country giveaway - come on over and claim your prize !

tracychele said...

Congrats on winning the prize you lucky girl! Your recipes look wonderful! I will try some! Have a great day! Let us know how heavenly the gift basket is!

LollyChops said...

I have always wanted to try grilling pizza! I had no idea you did the crust on one side and then flipped it over! Now that makes sense... cause I could just not see it before!

Elise said...

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Jackie said...

Your pizza sounds amazinggg... I also loved the pizza crust and plan to use that recipe more in the future. Grilling is such a brilliant idea -- and really, I love almost anything grilled. Loved your choice of toppings too.

Looking forward to reading more of your entries!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you're doing well!

Claudia said...

Love white pizza and still have arugula! So this is on my "must do" list as summer nears to an end. It looks positively fabulous!

Karine said...

This pizza looks delicious! Congrats on having winning the giveaway!