Friday, July 24, 2009

Sad day



It is with great sadness that I announce that our little dog, Buddy was put to rest this morning.

For those that do not know, Buddy was found by my dad and step-mother in their neighbor's yard. They already had a dog and weren't looking to get another. But, then again neither were we! However, Buddy entered our lives and was a great dog right from the start.

He was lethargic and had been throwing up the past couple of days. I thought he may have a little bug, so lead sous chef and I took him to the vet. After some blood work, they diagnosed that he was suffering from severe kidney failure.

I feel horrible that I didn't take him sooner. I'll always keep wondering what it was that caused it.


He spent the night at the animal hospital getting fluids. This morning the vet told Jordan that we could keep going, but the prognosis would likely not improve.


Hopefully he is having fun out there in doggy heaven. Perhaps he has found Scamp (his uncle) and they are running around together, eating bubbles, picking up on ladies, and causing trouble.


Maybe he is reliving his wild time at the Puppy Ball.


But, I'll bet he is sleeping...he always did that well.




Goodbye, friend, we'll miss you.


**I'd like to give credit to Josh Solar Photo for the two pictures in this post that I borrowed from his blog. The Solars have been taking photos of my two kiddos since lead sous chef was 3 months old. We now have priceless pictures of our dear Buddy which Josh took when second sous chef was 3 months old. Thank you, Solars.**

18 comments:

Chow and Chatter said...

thats so sad I am crying I have a little dog you poor thing, I am sure he's in heaven keep ya head up LOL

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! As a dog lover, I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. My thoughts are with you!

Melanie said...

So sorry that you lost such a sweet face. We put my cat of 17 years to sleep this winter so I know how hard it is to do. Having pictures are wonderful and your children will always be glad they can look back and see thier old friend.

Katy ~ said...

My heart aches for your loss. My pets are my fur babies as I am sure Buddy was to you. Such beautiful eyes he had. You just know he had soul and a heart that was full of love. {{Hugs}}

Reeni♥ said...

I'm so sorry! I am in tears here - he looks like such a sweetie. It's so sad to lose a pet - their like parts of our family. Those are some precious pictures. *HUGS*

Donna-FFW said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.. Big hugs!

teresa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet puppy! Thoughts and love your way!

Nickie said...

I am so sorry Aim. Hang in there. Such a sweet post...brought tears to my eyes.
love you all
Nickie

Sara said...

Awww, I'm so sorry! The loss of a pet is always difficult. I don't think you really realize how much they mean to you until they're gone...very much like humans actually.

Heather :) said...

Amy - the loss of a pet is never easy as they become part of the family. I lost my yorkie Macy to renal failure & had to make that very hard decision to put her to sleep as well so I can understand what you are going through. Please know that there was nothing you could have done sooner to prevent Buddy's illness as there is no cure or prevention for renal failure in older pets :( May your wonderful and fun memories of Buddy help comfort your family through this very sad time! Hugs...

Kerstin said...

Awww, so, so, sorry for your loss.

Lori Lynn said...

Oh gee, so sorry for your loss. Looks like he had quite a sweet life with your family.
Such an adorable little face, that expression is priceless.
LL

Julie said...

What a sweetheart. So sorry for your loss.

Sarah said...

Im so sorry to hear about your puppy... the same thing happened to our lab, Brandy - first her thyroid went, followed by progressive kidney/liver failure. She fought so hard and lasted 2 years longer than anyone thought she ever would, but finally she couldn't get up on her own anymore and was losing bladder control, and the most homane thing we could do for her was to let her go last week. She's probably chasing squirrels and soap bubbles right now :-).

1freshstart said...

Oh hon. I'm so sorry. I'm here if you need me.

~Delta Whiskey

The Blonde Duck said...

The Pond is mourning as well. Buddy will be missed. And his bubbles. We shall have a memorium for him at the next Ball.

Katherine Aucoin said...

Oh how sad, I am so sorry to read about Buddy. You are in my thoughts.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
He looks like such a sweetie.