Monday, June 15, 2009

Potato Crusted Tilapia


I think that the pictures of this dish speak for themselves.

It was really good.

The process is fast and easy. Perfect for a weeknight meal...or even a weekend....and FABULOUS for company.

Seriously, if you like fish and potatoes, this is your meal.


The process was simple: a medium potato per piece of white fish.

Slice the potato with whatever tool you wish to make it thin. I used my cheese slicer.

Preheat your oven to 375.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat place about two tablespoons of olive oil. Add a tablespoon of butter.

When hot, add the potatoes in an overlapping pattern. Top with salt and pepper. Let cook for
about 7-8 minutes.

Top with the fish and let cook for another few minutes, until the the edges of the potatoes are a little golden.


Place in the oven and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Meanwhile, make a lemon/basil vinaigrette...

When the fish is ready, take a spatula, place it under the potato, and flip it onto your plate. (I placed it on top of some rice). Top with some of your lemon vinaigrette. Serve and ENJOY!

15 comments:

Kerstin said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! I've been wanting to buy a mandoline for awhile now, but maybe I should try my cheese slicer first!

Chow and Chatter said...

I love this recipe how did you come up with it? rebecca

Netts Nook said...

I have never been fond of Tilapia but this looks perfect maybe I will have to give another try. Thanks for sharing.

5 Star Foodie said...

Potato crust is a great idea for Tilapia. Sounds excellent!

Ginger said...

Your Tilapia looks PERFECT!! I love the potato crust. This dish is on my "must try" immediately list. Thanks for sharing.....

Elra said...

Gosh, absolutely adore this presentation. it's belong to an upscale restaurant for sure. It looks absolutely scrumptious. I'll be making it soon, but I have to substitute the tilapia for maybe salmon, or orange roughy, so that my husband and my son will eat it. They really don't like tilapia, I on the other hand don't mind tilapia.

Reeni♥ said...

This looks so good! The potatoes are the perfect golden brown and lemon vinaigrette is like the icing on the cake!

Katy ~ said...

Beautiful presentation! I agree, this is a real must for those who, as you said, love fish and potatoes together. Well done!!

teresa said...

YUMMY! I'm always looking for new ways to make tilapia!!

Katherine Aucoin said...

That is one gorgeous looking fish dish! Love your heart shaped bowl.

Culinary Wannabe said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful!! My usual complaint about fish is that I feel it's not substantial enough, but with that fantastic looking potato crust, I'm sure that problem is solved! Delicious!

Jen @ MyKitchenAddiction.com said...

Mmm... I love tilapia - the potato crust on this looks fabulous! I think I will give this a try this week!

Aggie said...

Wow, this looks so fancy and delicious! I would love to get my potatoes that thin...I'll have to look at my cheese slicer!!

That sauce sounds perfect, I love tilapia.

Koekkener said...

What a very delicious blog. I love it. Keep up the good work.

Talita said...

Yummm... I love potato with everything and I just love fish! A flavorful combination!