Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is this how I treat my friends?

Being a person who finds serenity in the confines of the room that she cooks in, I have few people in my life I can count on to be there when times are tough. Thus, I have befriended an inanimate object.

I work closely with my friend at least once every other day. Because of her, I am "that mom". With her help, I make my hubs treats to take to work, I whip up pizza dough without thinking, and I can make cupcakes on a moment's notice.

The other day, though, I realized that I am not a good friend. Not at all.

If I were a good friend, I would take better care of her.


If I were a better friend, I would let her know how much she means to me.

Oh well, like with any other friend, I guess I'll just replace her once she craps out on me.

13 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

What a cute post!! You sure are putting yours to good use - I only use mine about once a month. Your being a good friend by using her!

Donna-FFW said...

Ha! Thanks for the smile. Loved this post!! My kitchen aid is one of my BFFLs.;)

finsmom said...

Mine is crusted with flour too, but I still love her!

5 Star Foodie said...

Such a cute post! I recently have a new best friend which is my immersion blender - so much easier to take care of :)

Suzie said...

At least your friend is not ignored or forgotten! Nothing a good wipe down couldn't fix.

karen said...

the most important thing is your are spending TIME together. haha, this was a cute post. sometimes i look at my KA/BFF and i get that guilty feeling too, that's funny.

Katy ~ said...

I get all fussy cleaning off my KA, getting after it with a tiny brush and all. It took me 40 years to get one, so my friend is better maintained and better looking than I am! LOL

Chow and Chatter said...

took me a while to get it !!

Bethie said...

Mine doesn't look much better!

teresa said...

Lol, this was cute. Mine looks the same way. I actually think they're happier this way!

Debbie said...

Very cute post.....

Ginger said...

I love this post!! Mine "friend" has to be replaced but I have to wait until Christmas! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

Claudia said...

Oh how sweet! Love the post. I sometimes talk to my appliances. It doesn'tmake them self-clean but maybe lets them know they're appreciated?