Monday, May 11, 2009

My favorite things stuffed chicken


I struggled with what to call this dish for many reasons.

First, this is my 100th post (wahoo!) and I should have something catchy, right?
Second, it contains many of my favorite ingredients: goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, shallots, balsamic vinegar. Which one should I choose?

At the risk of being boring, I settled on "my favorite things" stuffed chicken.

2 large chicken breasts

olive oil
2-3 tablespoons shallots, chopped fine
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2-3 tablespoons artichoke hearts, chopped fine
2-3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
1/4 cup goat cheese
salt, pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth

Heat a little olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and sugar. Cook for about 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently as to not burn the garlic.
Remove to a small bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, art hearts, cheese, salt, and pepper; stirring well.

Make a horizontal slit all the way through the chicken breast.
Stuff half the filling into each piece of chicken. Salt and pepper the chicken.

Wipe out the skillet and add olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken on both sides, about 6 minutes a side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.

If you have any little bits of filling left in the pan, this is the perfect time to make a pan sauce. Add a little bit more vinegar and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon. Top the chicken, serve, and enjoy!

I served mine on another favorite of mine...arugula.

Well, this may not be the best 100th post out there in the blog world, but I wanted to get a post out, it has almost been a week again! I have no idea what is wrong with me, but I know that the need for sleep is really outweighing my need to blog. I really enjoyed January, when I posted every day. It was tough, but refreshing and I met so many new blogger friends during that time.

Moving forward to the next 100 posts, I hope to blog a little more often. I had such a great time when I posted every day and I hope that I can get back to that. Wish me luck!


17 comments:

Katherine Aucoin said...

Congrats on your 100th post and congrats on this amazing chicken dish. You stuffed these chicken breasts with all of my favorite things!

Donna-FFW said...

Congrats on your 100th!! What a delicious meal to share with us for the day! It sounds fantastic.

Kerstin said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I love goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes too - your chicken looks amazing!

5 Star Foodie said...

Congratulation on your 100th post! Goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes sound great with chicken!

Christy said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!! Whoo-hoo!! I just discovered how much I LOVE sun dried tomatoes and this looks absolutely delicious! Just might have to try this one. :)

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! A milestone! And this is a good way to mark it. The dish looks sublime.
Something I'd order at a fine restaurant!

Juliana said...

Congratulations on your 100th post...and you did celebrated very nice...this chicken dish looks great.

Emily said...

Congrats! That's awesome.

I think you're favorite things-stuffed chicken would be delicious! I love all of those ingredients.

deltawhiskey.us said...

That sounds amazing! I need to figure out how to stuff chicken breasts. YOU should come to Lawrence and instruct me!

~Cat

Haha. I just realized I told you to email me and you probably don't have my email address:
deltawhiskey01(at)gmail(dot)com

The Blonde Duck said...

That chicken is now one of my favorite things!

Coco Bean said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and love it! Happy 100th! Goat cheese with anything is good.

burpandslurp said...

Congrats on 100th post!
I would have stuffed all of those things into the chicken, too! Sounds perfectly amazing!

Pam said...

I am loving this chicken. You can't beat the flavors.

Happy 100th!

nath said...

with cheese...looks delish! mouthwatering.. ;)

Claudia said...

This is a grand 100th post - congratulations. I want this. It has all my favorite things. (I will syopmyself from adding chocolate) Thanks for the recipe.

Caitlin said...

It isn't boring! It's "timeless"... that is how you should describe the chicken dish...it's be yummy with good black olives too!

Leslie said...

happy 100th post and many more. There is nothing better than stuffing your favorite things in a bird!