Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Chipotle Pineapple Sauce

I'm not going to lie to you. This is the best barbecue sauce I think I have ever made.
Sweet, Savory, with a nice kick of heat. It was perfect on grilled chicken. I think it would go nicely with pork too!

Pineapple Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup pineapple
1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
5 dashes hot sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Puree all the ingredients in your food processor or blender. It makes a little over 1 1/2 cups.



I served this with a roasted potato and asparagus salad....recipe to follow!

9 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

What a wonderful mix of flavors, sweet, spicy and salty. It looks delicious! I bet this would be good on shrimp too.

Donna-FFW said...

THANK YOU AMY!! Perfect timing for this recipe as BBQ season upon us shortly. LOVE the flavors in this.. And I bet Reeni is right, would work well with shrimp alos. perfect grill marks!

Suzie said...

The sauce looks wonderful - a great combination (and I am glad you aren't lying!!!)

5 Star Foodie said...

The pineapple chipotle bbq sauce sounds amazing! I will definitely be trying it!

deltawhiskey.us said...

Oh that sounds amazing! I love spicy/sweet things together!

~Cat

kellypea said...

After scanning that ingredient list and gazing at that photo, I'm thinking it could very well be the best BBQ sauce I could try, too. Always on the look out for a new one, so thanks! The pineapple makes this one unique.

phanitha said...

Wonderful flavors looks juicy and mouthwatering...

Swedish Mike said...

That sauce sounds awesome. I love mixing sweet, smoky and spicy like this.

I sure have to give this a go.

Thanks for the inspiration!

// Mike

www.colchones.cn said...

Hey, there is really much helpful material above!