Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Hello Cupcake Sunflowers Attempt

Recently my head sous chef's preschool had a book fair and what book do you think was calling my name? I've had my eye on this book for quite some time, but I could never convince myself to buy it. Once I had an opportunity to really have time to look through the book I still couldn't bring myself to buy it. There just wasn't enough in it for me. This is probably because I am not exactly a cupcake decorator, but rather a cupcake maker. This is not, however, to discount those people who are good at both. (a baked creation instantly springs to mind)


I did, however, find one cupcake that I wanted to try.



How do you think I did?




11 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Those are adorable!

Donna-FFW said...

What a great cookbook, I bet it is loaded with good ideas. Your cuocakes look absolutely terrific. I love sunflowers. They look so pretty. NICE job!

Reeni♥ said...

They came out great!!Are those cupcakes on top of cupcakes? How cool!

I have been eying the book, too, like you I can't justify buying it. But I still might give in one of these days.

Emily said...

Those are the prettiest cupcakes I've ever seen! They're so cute. I've never made cupcakes so pretty.

Katherine Aucoin said...

I love them, Your are so talented! I can't decorate like that, I'd have it all over the walls and myself. That picture is the the convincing you need for buying that book.

5 Star Foodie said...

Those are beautiful! Wonderful job!

Mama Chicken said...

those came out great!

Kendra said...

I think they are beautiful!

Suzie said...

They look sensational - you must have amazing patience for all that piping!

Aubree Cherie said...

I don't these were an attempt... they were a success! :D
They really do look great!

... said...

hi! these look amazing! i tried these and the frosting was too soft so they didn't look good. did you use the "V" on the ziploc bag as the book recommended? do you have any recommendations on how to pipe leaves as nice as yours? thanks!