Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm a bad food blogger and an Award!

I bought some fun caramel swirl chocolate chips a month ago and I've been holding on to them for some time, just trying to figure out what to do. I had some bananas just sitting there calling my name. I had to make a snack for lead sous chef's preschool. What happened next? Muffin magic.

So, why am I a bad food blogger? I wrote my recipe down as I was making it, and now I can't find it anywhere. Trying to remember from memory is just plain crazy talk.

But, seriously, they were good. I'll find that recipe and post it cuz beauty like that just needs to be shared.


And although I am a bad food blogger, I still got not one, but two awards! People like me, they really like me!
I received the Honest Scrap Award last week from Kendra at Homegrown Housewife! Then, to add to my excitement, Donna at My Tasty Treasures also bestowed the award to me! How exciting to be recognized by my foodie friends! If you haven't already visited their blogs, please do so now. Oh wait, first let me finish up and tell you 10 things about myself..and pass this along!
  1. I got contacts the day after the boy I had a small crush on (now my husband) said I looked good without my glasses on.
  2. He grew out his goatee once I said that I liked when he had one. Guess he was crushing on me a little bit too!
  3. I love a good hot shower.
  4. I think I might be a little addicted to going to the gym.
  5. I am also a little addicted to couponing. Those caramel swirl chocolate chips? I bought them on clearance at Target with a coupon for 12 cents.
  6. The show Rock of Love, Tour Bus is a total guilty pleasure.
  7. Having fresh flowers in the house makes me happy.
  8. I played the French Horn throughout high school and college.
  9. I can't seem to swear well. I use old-fashioned exclamations like "Jiminy Christmas" and "Fiddle Faddle". This has gotten worse since having children.
  10. My right nostril is bigger than my left.

Passing this on is similar to sending a forward. Some people love them, others loathe and despise them. I'm going to go out on a limb and hope that they are loved!

I'd love to know more about:

Delta Whiskey at The Cat's Pajamas

Danielle at So Many Cookbooks...So Little Time

Mama Chicken at Journey to Thrift

12 comments:

5 Star Foodie said...

Great to know more about you! I recently also forgot what I did for one recipe and had to make the dish over again :)

Christy said...

Congrats on your awards! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who misplaces things! It makes me crazy sometimes..I think there is a little "elf" that lives with us that hides things just to see me scramble around looking for it. :) Your muffins look fabulous, can't wait for you to share the recipe.

Katherine Aucoin said...

The cupcake looks so good and you're not a bad food blogger, just a tease ;-) LOL!

Congrats on the award!

Kendra said...

Muffins look great! And I love "The Rock of Love"!

Lys said...

Found you via Food Network Musings. You are NOT a bad food blogger ;) It happens!

deltawhiskey.us said...

Oh how exciting! I want to share in your addiction to the gym. I also have an arsenal of non-traditional curses. My favorite at the moment is Fudgity Monkey Biscuits! I have no idea where I came up with it...

Thanks for the award! I'll see if I can come up with some interesting things.

~Delta Whiskey

deltawhiskey.us said...

OH! I forgot... I totally voted yesterday. I hope I did it right.

~Delta Whiskey

Reeni♥ said...

I would of been eating them caramel swirls right out to the bag...I'm bad like that. I love all the little tidbits about yourself, especially about what you and your hubby did for love. Do you know I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I commented without wishing you-Happy Anniversary!!!! Here's to many more!

Mama Chicken said...

Our current exclamation is "son of a nutcracker!", and since it's from Elf, it always makes someone nearby giggle...

Thanks for the award! Love em!

The Blonde Duck said...

I tend to curse a little too well. I think it's so cute he told you he liked you better with contacts!

Jennifer said...

OMG, I love your blog!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try some new recipes!!!! Great seeing you tonight!!

Danielle said...

Well, I'm glad you went out on a limb...I think these little awards are fun! Will ponder my 10 things and post ASAP. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.