Monday, March 30, 2009

Broiled Tilapia with Tomato-Caper Salsa



First I just have to say that two days ago it was sleeting and a frigid 30 degrees outside. Now it is almost 10 o'clock at night central time and it is 60 degrees and raining. Seriously, Kansas is one messed up weather state.

Now on to our regularly scheduled blog.

Sous Chef # 2 is not only officially walking, she's pretty much at a full run. While this would be an exciting time, it has come to my attention that I have not really child-proofed the house as good as I should for a second child. You know, mellow yet into EVERYTHING. Since this glorious event has happened, cooking in the kitchen with just sous chef #1 to watch over has become a difficult task! Because of that, and the fact that it was meatless monday, I went with an oldie but a goodie.

This is definitely a standby at the CITK house. I used this the very first time I cooked tilapia and return to it whenever I want to cook without thinking. Quick, easy, and tasty it is the exact thing for a manic Monday.

Broiled Tilapia with Tomato-Caper Salsa
serves 4
1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
salt, pepper
4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets

Preheat the broiler.
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
Line the fillets on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the pan under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Serve the fillet with salsa and a small salad. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kendra said...

YUM! The salsa looks great!

5 Star Foodie said...

Tomato-caper salsa sounds super refreshing with the tilapia! Yum!

Katherine Aucoin said...

The talapia and the slas look fantastic. I love that you added capers to the salsa! Yum!

Reeni♥ said...

I bet your getting lots of exercise chasing her around. Your talapia looks delicious! Love the salsa!

Ginger said...

I love talapia but never know how to cook it. I definitely want to try this. The flavors really are fresh. Thanks for sharing.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh my!! That tilapia looks outrageously delicious. I love the ingredients in the salsa!!

Maggie said...

This looks wonderful! I was just looking for a fish dish for a dinner for friends this weekend.

Jackie @PhamFatale.com said...

Sounds very fresh and healthy. The fish looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing!