Thursday, March 26, 2009

BB: Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart

I swear that it was just Monday and I was telling the hubs that I needed to post on my blog. Now it is almost Friday and I haven't posted anything original in over a week. It would be all good if I had taken a vacation, been sick, or something. But no, I've been here, just living life.

I'd like to apologize to my foodie friends for not getting to their blogs. I have really tried, but I feel like I have failed. It is a tired excuse, but I swear that my computer, when not used to look up NCAA stats (go Jayhawks), quits working right when I have 10 windows open of blogs that I want to comment on. Excuses aside, I haven't been there.
Now, on to this week's Barefoot Bloggers' recipe, chosen by one of my favorite blogs, Anne of Anne Strawberry - who chose Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts found in Back to Basics.
Per my M.O., I followed the recipe as exactly as I could. I love goat cheese, and carmelized onions are always a hit around here, so I decided to continue with my normal method regarding the Barefoot Bloggers. Ina has never led me wrong and this time she didn't disappoint!
The recipe is easy to follow, and it delivers. It also lend itself to a TON of adaptations. Next time I would like to try roasted red peppers and feta.
Here it is before I baked it....


Here it is after...



Click HERE to find out what the other barefoot bloggers thought! While you are there, think about joining! I look at it as being one step closer to my hero, Ina....

10 comments:

5 Star Foodie said...

That's a gorgeous tart! Goat cheese and tomatoes sound great together!

Karen said...

I thought these were awesome. Glad you found time to make them and post.
It really is March Madness right now!

deltawhiskey.us said...

So... tonight it's just the hubs and I watching the game (thanks to this wonderful STORM!) I've got stuff to make green chili and these silly little tarts again. They really were that good. I have to head to Hy-Vee after work and stock myself with staples in case I can't get out of the house this weekend.

Anywho. I'll be thinkin about you tonight at 8:00! Let's hope they pull this off!

~Cat

Reeni♥ said...

How beautiful. I bet that was heaven in your mouth. I love tomato tarts!! Yummmmmmmyyyy!!

Suzie said...

They were great weren't they? Goats cheese is one of my absolute favourites.

Kendra said...

YUM...goat cheese! Fantastic!

Elra said...

Tomato tart is one of my favorite savory dish, I like it even more with goat cheese ..
Cheers,
elra

Katherine Aucoin said...

Yum! The goat cheese and tomato sound like they go so well together! What a fabulous treat!

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks delicious. I love tarts. Almost as much as pie.

Danielle said...

I used to make a pizza that was goatcheese and carmelized onions as an appatizer and everyone just loved it! I had all but forgotten about that recipe, thanks for the reminder. This tart would be amazing to make with fresh tomatoes from the garden maybe with some fresh basil or thyme. You're right the possibilities ARE endless.