Thursday, March 12, 2009

BB: Chicken Piccata

I have to apologize...I don't have a picture. I know I took one. I even remember uploading it. Now, nothing. Argh.
When I was a workaholic, single gal about town I probably made myself some version of this lemon and chicken dish at least twice a week. This was also the same amount of time that I actually spent in the kitchen during those days.
This week's dish is courtesy of Lindsey at Noodle Nights and Muffin Mornings. Thanks for the lovely choice!

Since I have made this dish or a version of this dish several times, I didn't really vary from the recipe. I thought I would remain true to Ina. Yes, you read that right...I actually DREDGED.


It wasn't so bad, and since I was only making dinner for the hubs and myself I only had to do the whole flour, egg, breadcrumb thing twice.


For me, chicken piccata needs capers. That's just how I roll. I added about 1 tablespoon. And although I made only 1/2 the chicken part, I made ALL of the lovely lemon sauce. I used 1/2 of it to toss with some warm pasta. Some would say it was lemony, but really to me it could have used more!

The original recipe can be found HERE.

The dish was wonderful, and for a minute there it felt like it was 10 years ago.

If you have time, check out what the other Barefoot Bloggers have to say!

9 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

Food holds such memories! This is my Mom's favorite, neither one of us has tried Ina's recipe. Capers are a definite must for us, too!

Katherine Aucoin said...

I think capers would really put this over the top. Chicken piccata is one of my favorite dishes.

5 Star Foodie said...

Chicken or veal piccata is a frequent dish at our table! Love it!

Donna-FFW said...

I so love chicken piccata. Ina's version must be awesome.

deltawhiskey.us said...

I completely blame it on the full moon. That moon was creepy out here by the lake! I wish I had thought of the capers... I will definitely use them next time!
~Delta Whiskey

Joie de vivre said...

I hate when pics disappear! Chicken piccata is sooo luscious but so easy.

The Blonde Duck said...

I've never tried this dish. But from what everyone says, it's fantastic!

Karen said...

Ditto on the capers, and I did end up with a super tart sauce! I'll be sure to taste test next time.

Suzie said...

This looks great (and re the breading - I get my kids to do it for me . Hee hee!)