Sunday, March 22, 2009

BB: Brownie Pudding (Bonus Recipe)



I have been unable to blog for the last few days. Why, you ask?

In this house, March is definitely madness, serious madness. Do any of my readers out there in the blogosphere watch NCAA Basketball? These days, you can not only watch a game on tv, you can also watch another game on the computer. My beloved laptop has been hijacked.

I am WAY, and I mean WAY behind on posting my Barefoot Bloggers recipe for this week. I hope you all can forgive me. This week's recipe was actually a bonus recipe chosen by Tia of Southern, Eh? who chose Brownie Pudding, which can be found in Back to Basics, page 218.

Incidentally, there was an additional bonus recipe this week, Sautéed Broccolini
as chosen by Mary of Meet Me in the Kitchen. I really wanted to do this one, just to change things up from our usual broccoli or cauliflower side dish. However, I could not find broccolini ANYWHERE! I know there are places around me that have it. Unfortunately, though, the grocery stores around me (and there are at least 6) did not have it. I will definitely try this, once I find broccolini.

Back to the Brownie Pudding. This is a totally easy and quick recipe that does NOT disappoint! It has a crunchy brownie top and a creamy inside. I did not have a vanilla bean, I just substituted a little vanilla extract. I can't say if the water bath is essential, but if Ina says it is needed, then I'll just trust her!

I hope to post more in the coming week. If you don't have a favorite team in the tournament, think about supporting the Kansas Jayhawks! ROCK CHALK!!!






9 comments:

Emily said...

Brownie pudding?! Oh goodnes.. yes!

That breakfast looks great, too!

Donna-FFW said...

This looks heavenly.. I love the fact that it is so easy to make. Love how you plated it with vanilla ice cream. My kinda way of eating!!

5 Star Foodie said...

Wow, the pudding looks just heavenly - perfect with vanilla ice cream! Yum!

Katherine Aucoin said...

You're a girl after my own heart! How could anything bad happen while you're eating, brownies, pudding, ice cream. So fabulous!

deltawhiskey.us said...

First of all, that game yesterday was RIDICULOUS. I felt like I was watching a middle-school game. BS must have kicked them in the rear at halftime because it was a whole new game after 1/2 time.

Second, the new Price Chopper on K-10 (I think Woodlawn exit) has broccolini next to all of their fancy herbs close to the floral department.

Third. There isn't really a third. ROCK CHALK!!!!!!

~Cat

Elra said...

OMG Brownie pudding? Just saying this already make my mouth water.
Cheers,
elra

Reeni♥ said...

Brownie pudding sound positively divine! I love how it's gooey and cakey at the same time, sort of like a lave cake.

Kaitlin said...

Hey Amy! This looks awesome. I'm not sure if you saw or not, but you won the giveaway on my blog for the Fiber One gift basket. If you could, please email me your address to: ScentsfromKaitlin@gmail.com so that way I can get you your stuff, thanks!!

Kendra said...

That is just sinful!