Monday, February 9, 2009

Tilapia with Lemon-Parsley Vinaigrette


I know I have said it before, but I love meals that come together quickly and without fuss. I also love it when that all happens on Monday.


Tilapia with Lemon-Parsley Vinaigrette
4 (6oz) tilapia fillets
flour, salt, pepper
zest and juice of two lemons
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup olive oil


In a shallow dish, mix about 1 cup of flour, a pinch of salt and a couple cranks of pepper.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil and about a teaspoon of butter.
Once hot, dredge the tilapia in the flour mixture and place in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes a side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl. As you continue to whisk, slowly add the olive oil. You can also combine these in a blender or small food processor if you don't want to have to cut everything up so small....the machine will do it for you.

I like the bite that the lemon juice offers, but you can always add more olive oil to taste.

Serve the fish topped with a little sauce! I like serving roasted potatoes and broccoli with the fish because they too taste good with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
One note: yes there is a bit of garlic on top of my fish. Even when I have the fastest recipe working my sous chef can still sneak in some chopped garlic of her own!


4 comments:

1freshstart said...

We don't eat fish too often (neither one of us really like it) but I've recently started to like talapia... I might just have to give it a shot. Everything tastes better doused in lemon, right?

~Cat

Reeni♥ said...

This is so light and refreshing! I love the vinaigrette. Your sous chef is sneaky...

Katherine Aucoin said...

This looks amazing. I was looking for a fish dish for Friday night and this is the ticket!

Candy Girl said...

Looks great and I am always looking for new ways to jazz up tilapia. Thanks!