Thursday, February 19, 2009

Inspired, but not inspiring....

I've kind of hit a wall. Since my blog is about my cooking, I guess my cooking is what's to blame. I just don't have much to report, so I haven't shared anything lately. That isn't to say that I haven't made new dishes. In fact, each day so far has been something new. It just wasn't, you know, blogworthy.

To top off my apathy in the kitchen, my lead sous chef caught some stomach bug and has been sick for the last 24 hours. She seems better now, and I think is enjoying just sitting on the sofa watching the Food Network. Ina is on, and that's always a good time.

I thought instead of writing about something that I have cooked, I would highlight a few foodie friends that I have met along this journey who are whipping up some freakin-fantastic dishes. All of these are on my menu in the next two weeks, maybe they will end up on your menu too!

Just one look at the pictures alone now have me salivating.

Five Star Foodie's Four Cheese Chipotle Sirloin

Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice's Loaded Biscuit Burgers

The Homegrown Housewife's Banana Walnut Cake

Thank you for the inspiration ladies! I hope to return the favor soon.

4 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

I hope your sous chef feels better. We all need a break now and then, you have been going strong since the beginning of the year. Seriously, you have been cooking up a storm and everything's been delicious! I took almost a week off a few weeks ago and even had a guest blogger to try and fill in. Thanks for mentioning me, your so sweet. I was trying to remember how I found your blog and I think it was from one of your Iron Cupcake entries last year. But I'm so glad I did cause your one of my best foodie blog friends!!

5 Star Foodie said...

I hope your sous chef is ok now, my sous chef also had a stomach bug yesterday and she was still pretty tired today - fell asleep before 6pm which never happens. I feel like I have no inspiration to cook anything exactly once a month and in that case cook nothing at all and we go out to eat, then I feel better :)

Thanks so much for mentioning me!

Katherine Aucoin said...

Me too, I hope your sous chef is on the mend real soon. We all feel like we've hit a wall and all of the sudden something will strike you and BAM! you'll be a banshee in the kitchen. Have a wonderful weekend and try to relax! =)

Kendra said...

Hope your lil sou chef is feeling better! I understand about being in a foodie slump. Chin up hun ((HUGS))

Thanks for the mention :)