Monday, February 23, 2009

I present, Iron Cupcake: Coffee


There are certain steps that I take each and every morning after being woken up by one of my sous chefs. Fix one a severly watered down juice and the other some milk, let the dog out, and make coffee for the hubby and myself. When the challenge was announced, you can bet your butt I was excited. A good cup of coffee is always accepted around here.

I am not too much of a fancy coffee drinker. Don't get me wrong, my oldest knows the starbucks logo. I just usually stick to regular coffee or my current fav: Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Did you know that if you have a starbucks gift card and you register it with them most of the syrups are free and you also get free refills of regular coffee?? Also, 2 hours of internet a day?? Seriously, I am going off on a major tanget here. Okay, back to the cupcakes.

I decided to make something that would remind me of a vanilla latte. To keep it light, I just used egg whites and for the coffee kick I added instant espresso. To top it off, a wonderful whipped cream frosting.



I'll include the recipe in a later post. Right now I need to get this thing sent off or else I won't be eligible...way to wait until the last minute!

You can vote for my cupcake and check out the other amazing Iron Cupcake bakers HERE from March 1st to March 6th. What would I win?

This month our Etsy Prize Pack is from artists:
Artwork from artist DIANA EVANS

A pair of cupcake earrings from LOTS OF SPRINKLES.
PLUS, IronCupcake:Earth can not forget our good friend, CAKESPY.

As an added bonus for February, SWEET CUPPIN CAKES BAKERY AND CUPCAKERY SUPPLY will be tossing in a variety of cupcaking supplies!

We also have presents from our awesome corporate prize providers:

HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson
A t-shirt from UPWITHCUPCAKES.COM

Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by 1-800-Flowers.
Wanna join in the fun? Learn more about Iron Cupcake HERE!






5 comments:

Joie de vivre said...

Good luck! The Iron Cupcake competition is intense isn't it? So far, I've been too intimidated to enter (that and I know if I make cupcakes I would eat them!)

Katherine Aucoin said...

Good luck. TOTAL eye candy! I could go for that cupcake right now!

5 Star Foodie said...

Your cupcake looks great! Can't wait to see the recipe.

Reeni♥ said...

Yummmmm!! Your cupcake looks great! Can't wait for the recipe. Good luck! You have my vote!

Kendra said...

This looks like a winner to me!