Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fish Tostadas with Lime Cream




As the spring comes, lighter dishes including citrus are always on my mind. I make fish tacos quite often in the summer, but never tried it as a tostada. The result was a crunchy, light dish that is definitely going to be a part of our rotation!




I used tilapia, but cod would work well in this dish too.

Fish Tostadas with Chile-Lime Cream
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
3 (6oz) tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon chile powder
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup sour cream
6 6-inch tostada shells
1 1/2 cups shedded cabbage mix
1 avocado, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered

Preheat the broiler. In a sheet pan lined with foil, sprinkle on side of the fish with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon chile powder. Broil the fish for 4-6 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Shred the fish and set aside.

For the chile-lime cream. Combine the sour cream, lime juice, and remaining chile powder.

Meanwhile in a 350 degree oven, warm the tostada shells for 5 minutes.
To assemble, place a tostada shell and top with the flaked fish. Top with about 1/4 cup shredded cabbage, a few avocado slices, and tomatoes. Drizzle with the lime cream and enjoy!

9 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks great! Fish tacos are real popular down here.

5 Star Foodie said...

I'm ready for spring! The Chile-Lime Cream looks amazing!

Katherine Aucoin said...

I am dying to try fish tacos and yours are the most fabulous I have seen so far!

deltawhiskey.us said...

Oh that looks so good... I'd have to do something other than the talapia though. Had a bad fishy experience last week, and I was already on the fence with fishies.
~Cat

Reeni♥ said...

Those are beautiful!! So refreshing, and colorful, and healthy. I am loving the lime cream!

Kendra said...

OH YUM...they look good. When I lived in TX, there was a tiny little Mexican stand where you could get something similar...I miss that place!

Suzie said...

These look great - I am always on the look out for new fish recipes.

Elra said...

This fish tostada sounds incredibly delicious. I never made it before, sure I want to try to make it too.
Cheers,
Elra

Danielle said...

We love fish tacos! But this looks so much healthier than the ones I normally make, easier too! This looks like a keeper recipe! Thanks for sharing it.