Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Steak Fajitas!



Nothing makes me happier than a meal that comes together without fuss. This one is definitely one of those!

Steak Fajitas
1 1/2 pounds flank steak, topped with rub (see below)
2 green peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 large onion, thinly sliced

For the rub:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons brown sugar


Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture on each side of the flank steak.
Let sit for about 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.

I used my grill pan to cook the steak, or you can cook it on your outdoor grill. Personally it was just freakin freezing outside, so the indoor grill pan was good enough for me!

Once the steak is cooked (I did about 4 minutes a side), remove and place on a cutting board. Now for the peppers and onions!

Toss the peppers and onions in a little bit of vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Place on the grill for about 5 minutes or until tender.

Slice the steak against the grain, heat up some tortillas, get out your fixin's, and serve!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Selba said...

The steak fajitas definitely looks yummy! Haven't eaten it for a long time :)

Katherine Aucoin said...

I'm a big fan of fajitas and I don't know why we don't have them more often. Yours looks fantastic!

1freshstart said...

I should stay away from my food blog friends at lunch. Those look so incredibly fabulous!

~Cat

5 Star Foodie said...

I love the spice mixture you used for the steak rub - must give the fajitas a wonderful flavor!