Friday, January 23, 2009

Pretzel Coated Chicken

This week has left me exhausted. I felt like I was sleep walking half the time!

For dinner tonight I wanted to do something that could go in the oven with minimal prep. Pretzel coated chicken it is!

I don't really have a recipe, but rather a basic idea.

Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
Spray an 11 by 7 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Take a couple of handfuls of pretzels and ground them up in a food processor. Place that in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 part honey to 2 parts Dijon mustard.
Take 4 chicken breasts, and dry them off with paper towels.
Brush one side with the honey-mustard sauce and place in the bowl of pretzels, pressing to coat. Brush the remaining side with honey-mustard and turn to coat that side with the pretzels.
Place the chicken in the casserole dish. Continue with the remaining chicken.
Once finished, place the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.


For a sauce to serve I made an extra amount of the honey mustard combination, adding a little bit of olive oil.

Serve with roasted potatoes and a veggie of choice (I did peas). Enjoy!

4 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

That looks really good!! What a great idea. I am definitely going to try this one. Honey-mustard is one of my favorite things for chicken, the pretzels are a natural to go with it.

The Food Hunter said...

Looks delicious. what a great idea to use pretzels. I will be trying this one for sure.

1freshstart said...

Oh, this look so yummy! Rachael Ray has a recipe sort of like this... you make a little pickle & onion relish for garnish... oh, I think I have to make that this week.

~Cat

Mama Chicken said...

wow - this looks delish!