Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hate it when people give excuses. So I'm not going to do that. If you know me, you know that my life is busy and if you don't know me...I'm sure your life is busy and you can relate. Hours turned into days and days into weeks and suddenly I was on some sort of hiatus without ever saying a word. I was always baking and creating, but I never talked about it.

It wasn't just with my recipe blogging, but with the blogging communties that I belong to. I thought and thought and planned and planned for the Daring Bakers Challenge....and then I never did it. I had not one but two cupcakes in mind for Iron Cupcake, and I ended up doing an abbreviated one for Christmas with my family. I made the Barefoot Bloggers recipe LONG before it was due, yet I never blogged about it.

SO this is a new year and I am making a few resolutions both involving this blog and my own life:

  1. I want to post something every day in January....just to prove to myself that I can
  2. I want to try a new recipe at least once every two weeks.
  3. I want to reorganize and repaint my kitchen. We have a small space and I need to maximize the area.
  4. I want to clean up and organize our downstairs to create a master bedroom suite.
  5. On that note, I want to take a look at our household budget at the end of every month; just to make sure that #4 happens in 2009!

I know there are more resolutions in my mind, but for now I think I should congratulate myself for FINALLY getting a blog post up. Stay tuned for tomorrow when I'll post about the awesome cake that I made for New Year's Eve!




1 comment:

♥Reeni said...

I'm really glad you posted. Looking forward to your cake tomorrow, your creations are so delicious and beautiful to gaze at.