Saturday, January 24, 2009

Herbed Salad with Goat Cheese

One of the staples that we always have around the house is goat cheese. Give me an entree and I'll come up with a way to add it.

One of my favorite things to do for a light lunch is to serve it with a salad.

Herbed Salad with Goat Cheese
(this serves 2)

For the goat cheese:
In a small bowl, beat one egg with a little bit of water.
In another small bowl, put about a 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
Take a log of goat cheese and cut 4 slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
I like to use uncoated dental floss...trust me, it works!
Take the sliced goat cheese and place in the egg mixture, turning to coat.
Then place the goat cheese in the bread crumbs, again turning to coat.
Place the coated goat cheese on a plate. Do the same process for the remaining cheese.
Place the plate in the fridge for about 20 minutes or so.

When ready to serve. Place about a teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
When the skillet is hot, add the goat cheese. Cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes...or until the breadcrumbs are brown.
I have found the easiest way to turn these is a small spatula and a fork.



Place on top of your lettuce of choice (I use an herbed salad medley).
Dress the salad simply with a little bit of olive oil and balsalmic vinegar.

Enjoy!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Reeni♥ said...

You can't go wrong with fried cheese. That sounds so good!! You have the greatest ideas. I wish we lived next door to each other!

5 Star Foodie said...

Your salad with fried goat cheese sounds just scrumptious! Yummy!