Thursday, January 29, 2009

Daring Bakers: Tuile Cups

This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.

I once again totally procrastinated this month and pulled this one out in the 11th hour. I swear, next month I am going to give more attention to this challenge. Luckily, they were easy and quick to prepare. The challenge was that we 1)prepare at least one of the given recipes and 2) that we pair it with something light.


I made the simple tuiles off Bake My Day 's blog. I decided to pair my tuiles with a sweet ricotta filling. My take on a canolli in a cup!
To see the different versions of tuiles appearing all over the food blogosphere, check out the Daring Bakers Blogroll. Thank you to our hosts!

11 comments:

5 Star Foodie said...

This looks delicious! Love the sweet ricotta filling!

Reeni♥ said...

It's beautiful! You can't go wrong with Cannoli filling, sweet yum!!

Kaitlin said...

How cute, yum!

Katherine Aucoin said...

You did a fantastic job, they came out beautiful.

chef_d said...

Lol, i did mine at the 11th hour too! yours looks very cute

Dharm said...

This looks great! This challenge was left till pretty late for me too!

Jenny said...

I've seen a lot of ricotta filled tuiles today, and it sounds really good. Your little stars are cute!

toontz said...

Even when you start early, sometimes it backfires on you! Great job - love the little flowers.

Lisa Michelle said...

Beautiful job! Very elegant presentation - mouth watering!

Dragon said...

The little stars are darling! Great job on this month's challenge.

Diana said...

That looks so yummy! I really love the stars. Great job on the challenge.