Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pumpkin Cranberry Cupcakes


It's been a crazy week and I have about 10 things that I need to post. So, to get started, I thought I would share this cupcake!

I was actually working on a recipe for this month's Iron Cupcake challenge. But, this wasn't quite cranberry-y enough. However, it was darn good!

Pumpkin Cranberry Cupcakes
this recipe makes 32 cupcakes
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries

I don't know if anyone really needs to know how to put this together. I can add that if someone needs it. But basically it is the same method that I always use. Mix everything together, add the flour 1/2 cups and a time, then stir in the cranberries.

Scoop into cupcake tins lined with papers and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes!

I started out making 24 cupcakes, then had enough batter left over to make mini cupcakes for my daughter's class the next day. So, the amounts are a little bit of an estimate.

To top, I made a maple cream cheese frosting.

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together and top cooled cupcakes.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Sweet and Savory said...

I love your recipes and I see you are adding ideas for me to use my cranberries. I owe you for this recipe.