Thursday, November 27, 2008

BB: Mexican Chicken Soup


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today is Thursday and as it happens, it is Barefoot Blogger day! This week's recipe comes from Judy from Judy’s Gross Eats
who chose Mexican Chicken Soup
which can be found in Barefoot Contessa at Home.

I have had this cookbook for some time and have always wanted to try this recipe. I halved the recipe and also used rotisserie chicken (one of my kitchen staples) instead of roasting chicken breasts. I also used diced tomatoes instead of the crushed whole tomatoes. The recipe calls for coriander, which I did not use.

If I make this again, I will use the corn tortillas. I had flour tortillas in the fridge. When I put them into the soup they turned more into noodles than anything. However, the soup was still delicious!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Reeni said...

How delicious! I want to make this with leftover turkey, yum!

Debinhawaii said...

This was a great soup--glad you liked it too. Welcome to Barefoot Bloggers!

Sharon said...

Wow, definitely delicious!