Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Bits!

This is a fairly new blog, and I am still getting used to how long it takes me to get everything done. The cooking and developing of the recipe is the easy part! I would definitely post more often, but it just takes me forever to type, edit, post pics...I seriously don't know how people do it.

When I started, I selected a design from cutest blog on the block because I liked the black and white design. However, the green layer is kind of bothering me. I think the entries are kind of hard to read. I am still figuring out how to streamline everything, but hopefully over this week I can do a little at a time and hopefully make my blog easier to read.

Even though I am new to the blogosphere, someone is reading. I got an awesome compliment from NCFoodie who tagged me. She is a professor and writer who still finds time to tempt my tastebuds with her blog. It totally made my day. Little old me got tagged! Tagging is what you think it is. I post random facts about myself, tag others, and hope that they continue the randomness. There are a few golden rules of tagging:
  1. Link to the person who tagged you
  2. Post the rules on the blog posted
  3. Write six random things about yourself
  4. Tag six people at the end of your post
  5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is published

So here are some random facts about Calm In The Kitchen:

  1. I have no lumbar curve in my spine.
  2. I have lost a little over 15 pounds since the beginning of September.
  3. I think Neil Diamond rocks.
  4. I'll never turn down a good glass of red wine.
  5. I've had a kitchen torch and a fondue pot for almost 5 years and I have never used them.
  6. I'm usually asleep by 10 p.m.

And now to tag some of my favorite foodies!

Snippets and Bites. Sharon is a fun read. I love how she catalogs her day of food.

Food Network Musings. What a great idea! Sue writes about not just the Food Network, but offers great tips. She also loves Ina as much as I do!

Creative Confectionery is just that. Jennifer's sweets make my mouth water. She just won The Best Pie Bakeoff at thekitchn.com. Congratulations Jennifer!

Dozen Flours. I just discovered Julia's blog and am in awe of her creativity. Check her out!

IYcuppycakes! is an awesome site for any cupcake lover. Check out her caramel apple cupcakes that she won Art You Eat: Autumn with...so cool. Her recipes are great and she takes tons of pictures, making it easy to follow. She also has a great foodie site too!

Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. Reeni offers great recipes, and has a kitchen cat....awesome. Check out her recipe for Spaghetti ala Carbonara...yum.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Thanks Amy! I appreciate the shout out. your blog is really very sweet and I plan to check on it out often.

I totally feel your pain about posting. I am so behind in posting due to the amount of time it takes to do everything. I'll catch up eventually!

Reeni said...

Thanks for the tag and for sharing info about yourself with us!

ncfoodie said...

I could have written 3, 4, and 6:)

Sue said...

Don't be fed with me that I've taken so long to respond to your tag. Thanks! After I invent, sorry, THINK OF 6 great things, I'll let you know when I post them.

Elsa said...

i love it!彌月油飯,月見草,深海魚油,亞麻仁,新聞,油價調漲,加油站,油壓,抽油煙機,濾油粉,加油站,油畫,石油,加油站,卸妝油,三溫暖,三溫暖,油壓,膠原蛋白,醬油,琉璃苣油,加油站,油封,蝦餅,鮮奶油,中油,金石堂,金賢重,變形金剛,黃金屋,書店,黃金,金庸,金亞中,金典,存摺,黃金城,金色琴弦,金素恩,回收,金門,激麻館,變形金剛,金門,火影,三國,火龍果,火線,蒙古火鍋,蒙古火鍋,動力火車,燒肉店,林依晨,
火狐狸,籃球火,火車,忍者,千葉火鍋,世運,高雄,湯瑪士,火影忍者,螢火蟲,高雄,極鮮火鍋,圖片,火車,火柴人,螢火蟲,南投