When I started, I selected a design from cutest blog on the block because I liked the black and white design. However, the green layer is kind of bothering me. I think the entries are kind of hard to read. I am still figuring out how to streamline everything, but hopefully over this week I can do a little at a time and hopefully make my blog easier to read.
Even though I am new to the blogosphere, someone is reading. I got an awesome compliment from NCFoodie who tagged me. She is a professor and writer who still finds time to tempt my tastebuds with her blog. It totally made my day. Little old me got tagged! Tagging is what you think it is. I post random facts about myself, tag others, and hope that they continue the randomness. There are a few golden rules of tagging:
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Post the rules on the blog posted
- Write six random things about yourself
- Tag six people at the end of your post
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
- Let the tagger know when your entry is published
So here are some random facts about Calm In The Kitchen:
- I have no lumbar curve in my spine.
- I have lost a little over 15 pounds since the beginning of September.
- I think Neil Diamond rocks.
- I'll never turn down a good glass of red wine.
- I've had a kitchen torch and a fondue pot for almost 5 years and I have never used them.
- I'm usually asleep by 10 p.m.
And now to tag some of my favorite foodies!
Snippets and Bites. Sharon is a fun read. I love how she catalogs her day of food.
Food Network Musings. What a great idea! Sue writes about not just the Food Network, but offers great tips. She also loves Ina as much as I do!
Dozen Flours. I just discovered Julia's blog and am in awe of her creativity. Check her out!
IYcuppycakes! is an awesome site for any cupcake lover. Check out her caramel apple cupcakes that she won Art You Eat: Autumn with...so cool. Her recipes are great and she takes tons of pictures, making it easy to follow. She also has a great foodie site too!