Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cranberry Chicken

I love this time of year. Not just the usual things; color on the leaves, the weather, the first smell of a wood burning fireplace, but the FOOD! One of my favorite ingredients is cranberries. I am so excited because my first entry in Iron Cupcake: Earth is with the secret ingredient that I love. But, until I submit my entry, I thought I would use cranberries in dinner!

I own a crockpot, but don't use it as often as I should. I came across this recipe and decided to try it out. It was delicious!!

Cranberry Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can whole cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 package dry onion soup mix
Place chicken in Crock-Pot. Combine remaining ingredients and add to Crock-Pot, coating chicken well. Cover and cook on low 6 hours.

Serve on top of egg noodles.

When I took the chicken out of the crock pot, it easily shredded up. That made me think of trying this again with a pork roast, and shredding that on top of the noodles. I should have chopped up some parsley to give it a little color, but it is definitely something that we are putting in the rotation!

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Maggie said...

This sounds wonderful! I think I might have another can of cranberry sauce that will stay in the pantry til next Thanksgiving if I don't use it up.

Sweet and Savory said...

I opened a can of cranberry sauce for another recipe and most of it is still left. I also was planning to make chicken for dinner. My daughter is coming over and if she wants this, I hope to make this recipe. Cranberry sauce is so versatile, I use it all year.