Saturday, November 15, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Herb Roasted Onions


First you may be wondering, what the heck is a Barefoot Blogger? It is a great group online that tests out Ina's recipes twice a month. You can imagine my excitement to find such a group!

I was supposed to have this up last Thursday, so I have failed in my first post. But, as long as I get it up by the end of the month I am good, so here goes!
Herb Roasted Onions
This week's recipe was chosen by Kelly
Funny thing, the recipe in the book is for more servings, and I didn't even look online which sets it to serve 3. I just halved the cookbook recipe.
I like onions okay, but I am not a huge fan. I had reservations, but seeing the excitement on my three year old's face over peeling onions made making them worth it.

The recipe is simple enough and really is just the same as if you were roasting anything else. It has a simple viniagrette

The recipe calls for fresh thyme, but I was out. I just used dried.

Before roasting


After roasting

I served them with a simple grilled steak. I was not a huge fan. They were good enough, but just having them on the side wasn't that exciting. I felt like it needed something. Maybe mixing Maybe mixing them with sausage would be good...I'll try that next time.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: