Wednesday, October 22, 2008

mini pumpkin cheesecakes


Today was a rainy, cold day...perfect time to bake!

I thought I would try a twist on cupcakes and make mini cheesecakes. Since I don't have a mini cheesecake pan, (an awesome invention by the way) I made them using my trusty cupcake tin.
They turned out pretty good, very light tasting and the perfect size. If I had to do it again, I would try it with gingersnaps for the crust.

First things first, preheat the oven to 350 and line a cupcake pan with papers.

Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
(this recipe makes 12 cupcakes)

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
Add crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon.
Scoop a little more than 1 tablespoon of the mixture
into the bottom of each liner.
Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
Set aside.

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger

In a stand mixer or a hand mixer blend all ingredients until smooth.

Fill the cupcake tins with the filling, a little over 2.5 tablespoons in each.

Bake for 19 minutes or until just set.
Take out of oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.

Remove from the tin (I also removed the liners) and put into the fridge.
Or, just eat right away. I personally like my cheesecakes to be cold so I put mine in the refrigerator.

To take it up a notch, I also added a whipped cream frosting. This isn't an exact recipe, but rather just enough to make a sample for my hubby and I to taste test. It is basically heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, and a little sugar.

Enjoy!





Posted by Picasa